Filter by Category
in Camps by Instructor
Actor's Studio Musical Theatre: The Drowsy Chaperone (Rising 10th-12th) - APPLICATION
with Adam Sanders
**Application & Virtual Audition Required**
Fill out application & submit virtual audition by CLICKING HERE
**PLEASE NOTE: This camp is currently full. Actors interested may still fill out the application and submit an audition, but will only be considered and contacted if a spot becomes available from an actor in the camp who declines their spot.**
Payment due May 5: Once accepted into the camp, if payment has not been received by Friday, May 5, 2023, or at least partial payment through a payment plan, you will lose your spot in the camp. If you need a payment extension, please contact us directly.
June 5-9, 2023 - Evening rehearsals 5:30-8:30pm
June 12-16, 2023 - Evening rehearsals, 5:30-8:30pm
June 19-23, 2023 - Camp week, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Friday, June 23 at 6pm
Saturday, June 24 at 2pm & 6pm
For students with previous experience on stage, this camp will dive into advanced musical theatre techniques, culminating in a performance of the musical The Drowsy Chaperone. Pre-screen application and virtual audition required (see link above). If you qualify, you will be emailed instructions to enroll within two weeks of submitting your application.
Performances: There will be 3 public performances for this camp:
- Fri, June 23 at 6pm
- Sat June 24 at 2pm & 6pm
- The performances will be ticketed and open to the public. Tickets will be on sale in advance through spartanburgyouththeatre.com. On sale date is TBD.
- Each actor will receive 2 free tickets for their families to use
- Tickets will be $10, general admission
Content Advisory: This camp is designed for students to be exposed to more mature content. While they will not be asked to do anything inappropriate (no language, graphic scenes, etc), the subject matter will be more mature than what you're used to seeing at SYT.
Registration deadline: Registration for this camp will close earlier than other camps, on Friday, May 5 at 12pm.
- Actors will rehearse BEFORE the camp week. Rehearsals will be in the evening 4-5 nights per week during the weeks of June 5-9 and June 12-16, 5:30-8:30pm
- Conflicts will be allowed, however if actors cannot attend the majority of the nights during those weeks, it may affect their ability to participate in the camp.
- A rehearsal schedule will be sent to students once registration has closed, the week of May 8-12. Please list conflicts on the application. We understand conflicts may arise after filling out the application. If accepted into the camp, please communicate any additional conflicts that may come up immediately.